There are different kinds of visas to be obtained if traveling to Norway, depending on the purpose of the journey. A visitor’s visa allows you to stay in Norway or other countries in the Schengen area for up to 90 days over a period of 180 days. If going to study in Norway, they allow you to apply for a student’s residence permit. This article provides you with all information on how to get a Norway Visa in Nigeria, to include the processes and required documentation. Whereas If you are planning to apply for the immigration visa in America, then it is recommended to visit the EB5 BRICS, the expert in visa application in USA.
Prerequisites for applying for a Norway visa in Nigeria
In order to apply for a Norway visa in Nigeria, you must either be a citizen of Nigeria or legally reside here. That is, unless you are on a visit to Nigeria from a neighbouring country.
It is advisable you hand in your application at least four weeks and no later than 15 days before you plan to travel, this is because the application will be sent to Accra.
You can also submit your application up to six months before your scheduled traveling time.
You must register online before you hand in the required documentation.
It is required that you provide your fingerprints when you hand in your application unless your fingerprints have been collected within the last 59 months from this application process.
Do not buy your ticket until your visa has been granted. Saudi Arabia E Visa can help you lot in this process of getting a visa.
These are the documents required to be submitted in order to start your visa application process
- A printout of the cover letter and fee receipt
- A printout of the Application form from the Application portal
- 1 passport photo with a white background, not older than three months
- Valid passport or official travel document and copy of all used pages (The passport must be valid for at least 3 months after your departure date. It also must have at least 2 blank pages)
- Valid resident permit if you reside in another country aside Nigeria
- Proof of accommodation during your entire visit to Norway (Hotel reservation or Private arrangements)
- Copy of personal identification documentation such as ID, birth certificates
- Documents confirming relationship status (Single, married, divorced, widowed)
- Proof of financial situation. This is to prove that you have means of supporting yourself in Norway
- Original bank statements (either personal or that of the company) that shows the turnover during the last three months.
If you are employed, you must submit:
- Your last three payslips
- Your employment contract or recent employer statement
- Approval for holidays from employer
- Certificate of registration of the company
- Statement of taxes paid if you are retired
- Pension statements
One could submit other documents such as:
- Remittances, bank savings account, Credit cards
- Regular income generated by property (contract of rent, certificate of land use right, etc)
- Confirmed booking of the roundtrip air ticket with the dates of traveling included
- Travel medical insurance which must cover the entire period of stay
Power of Attorney
This is if you want someone to act on your behalf as regards your application. You must authorize the person to do so. It could be your employer, a family member or someone else you trust.
For a minor (less than 18 years old), you must submit written consent from both parents or guardians, copies of the ID of both parents, parents’ marriage certificate (if traveling alone)
If traveling with only one parent, you must submit written consent from your other parent or guardian and a copy of his or her ID. A form must be filled and signed by both the applicant’s parents or legal guardians. The applicant must also submit his or her birth certificate.
Documentation of guardianship must also be submitted by the applicant’s legal guardian.
Sponsors should send:
Invitation from Sponsor (If a Norwegian)
Guarantee form (If he or she guarantees your stay)
Online registration and Payment
Once you have completed your online registration, you will receive a confirmation by mail in addition to a copy of your application form and cover letter. Your cover letter is confirmation that you paid the application fee. You will also need to print the email attachment and submit together with other required documents.
Visa Application fee
The visa fee is EUR 80. Children under the age of six do not pay a visa fee. Children from the age of six and below the age of 12 pay a visa fee of EUR 40.
In Nigeria, applications are received by an external service provider, VFS Global. This company charges an additional service fee of 30 Euro for each application.
Exemption from visa fees
If you are applying for a visa with a family member who is an EU/EEA citizen, you are not required to pay an application fee
Pupils, students or teachers traveling to Norway for educational or training purposes are not required to pay a visa fee
Researchers traveling for scientific research purposes
The processing time for application forms is normally up to 15 calendar days after the Norway embassy has received the application form. In some cases where the application is sent to the Directorate of Immigration (UDI), the processing time may take up to 45 calendar days. The processing time may take up to 4 weeks if you hand it over to VSF Global.
You will be sent a notification by email, SMS, letter or phone when your application has been processed. The result can be picked up at the Visa Application Centre or at the embassy itself.
Norway Visa Application Centres
You can hand in and process your application for a Norway visa and the required documents at the locations below:
VFS’ Application centres
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way,
Central Business District, Abuja Nigeria
Norway Visa Application Centre
Plot 110, Admiral, Ayinla way
Opposite Treasure Garden Estate,
Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase 1- Lagos
1st floor, Atlantic Towers (behind Marina Mall)
Airport City, Accra
If you are in Cameroon at a time and still want to apply for a Norway visa to the at Embassy of Belgium.